Dear all Members and supporters,
We are delighted to advise that your village store and coffee shop has been nominated for the 2020 Countryside Alliance Award in the Village Shop/Post Office category. The process now needs supporters and customers to add to the nomination process by going on-line to nominate and describe the benefits of the village shop.
It would be fantastic if we could get through to the next round and hope that you are able to support our nomination. You can find out all about the awards and nominate by clicking on https://www.countryside-alliance.org/nominate?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiN6j5tr45QIVgrTtCh0XgQfQEAAYASAAEgJ7HPD_BwE. The deadline for nominations is 8th December 2019.
As well as the section on your reason for nomination, there is also some factual information that you will need to complete which is as below:
Name of business to be nominated: ‘Hughenden Village Store and Coffee Shop (Hughenden Valley Community Shop)’
Address: Hughenden Village Store and Coffee Shop, Village Hall Car Park, Coombe Lane, Hughenden Valley, Bucks, HP14 4NX
(In case you need any reminders about how your community shop helps the community – It:
- Is a hub of the community providing a 7 day service and meeting place for customers,
- Sells many local products helping 16 local small businesses,
- Provides free home deliveries to the elderly and housebound,
- Provides donations such as Hampers and Cream Tea for Two vouchers to other local groups and schools for their fundraising events,
- Often reunites owners with lost property and lost dogs (!),
- Hosts and provides a venue for small parties such as baby showers, anniversaries and birthday celebrations,
- Hosts evening charitable support groups,
- Offers valuable work experience for approximately 25 Duke of Edinburgh students every year,
- Provides a welcoming, safe and cosy place to meet for local residents and the surrounding community and for children to wait for parents after school ,
- Serves an all-day hot food menu in the coffee shop,
- Provides free wifi for business working
- Provides employment for 7 staff and a great working environment and friendship group for a team of volunteers, promoting confidence, experience and companionship,
- Has a shop choir made up of staff and volunteers,
- Aims to be environmentally aware and use paper straws and eco-friendly takeaway cups and lids wherever we can.
We thank you very much for your support and will keep you posted on our progress.