Dear all Members and supporters,
We are delighted to advise that your village store and coffee shop has been nominated for the 2020 Countryside Alliance Award in the Village Shop/Post Office category. The process now needs supporters and customers to add to the nomination process by going on-line to nominate and describe the benefits of the village shop.
It would be fantastic if we could get through to the next round and hope that you are able to support our nomination. You can find out all about the awards and nominate by clicking on https://www.countryside-alliance.org/nominate?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiN6j5tr45QIVgrTtCh0XgQfQEAAYASAAEgJ7HPD_BwE. The deadline for nominations is 8th December 2019.
As well as the section on your reason for nomination, there is also some factual information that you will need to complete which is as below:
Name of business to be nominated: ‘Hughenden Village Store and Coffee Shop (Hughenden Valley Community Shop)’
Address: Hughenden Village Store and Coffee Shop, Village Hall Car Park, Coombe Lane, Hughenden Valley, Bucks, HP14 4NX
(In case you need any reminders about how your community shop helps the community – It:
- Is a hub of the community providing a 7 day service and meeting place for customers,
- Sells many local products helping 16 local small businesses,
- Provides free home deliveries to the elderly and housebound,
- Provides donations such as Hampers and Cream Tea for Two vouchers to other local groups and schools for their fundraising events,
- Often reunites owners with lost property and lost dogs (!),
- Hosts and provides a venue for small parties such as baby showers, anniversaries and birthday celebrations,
- Hosts evening charitable support groups,
- Offers valuable work experience for approximately 25 Duke of Edinburgh students every year,
- Provides a welcoming, safe and cosy place to meet for local residents and the surrounding community and for children to wait for parents after school ,
- Serves an all-day hot food menu in the coffee shop,
- Provides free wifi for business working
- Provides employment for 7 staff and a great working environment and friendship group for a team of volunteers, promoting confidence, experience and companionship,
- Has a shop choir made up of staff and volunteers,
- Aims to be environmentally aware and use paper straws and eco-friendly takeaway cups and lids wherever we can.
We thank you very much for your support and will keep you posted on our progress.
Please make sure that all our older residents know about this event.
It will take place in the Village hall, doors open at 5.00 p.m. and runs until 8.30 p.m.
There will be food and drinks and entertainment.
Forms for registering will be circulated, but it does no harm to let your Road Representative know that you’d like to come along.
Saturday May 11th 10-4
Community Day at St Michael’s Church. Inflatables, refreshments, BBQ, tours, live music, nature quest, and much much more.
Dear Potential Quizzers and Supporters of the Hughenden Valley Potter Cup Quiz,
As most of you are aware the Potter Quiz was, for a number of reasons moved from the Autumn to the Spring.
So this year’s quiz is on SATURDAY 16th MARCH.
We are again following the approach of continuing to make it less complex to allow more time for socialising.
Also the price has once again been maintained at only £10 per person and this includes the good quality buffet. Please remember that the proceeds from the Potter Quiz are ‘ring fenced’ for the Senior Citizens function which will be held in the Summer.
More details of the Potter Quiz event are:
- DATE: Saturday 16th March 2019
- TIME: 7.00 for 7.30 prompt start
- THEME: ‘NOW IT’S SPRING’
- COST: £10 per head, which will include a good quality buffet
- TEAM SIZE: Optimum size 8 please, but a little bit of leeway is allowed
- TEAM NAME: Your choice
- FANCY DRESS (Linked to the Theme): Optional
- DRINKS: Bring your own drinks & glasses
Would you please advise me if you would like to put in a team, together with the likely numbers so that we can organise food, etc.
If you do have any related queries please don’t hesitate to contact me.
ALSO PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Thanks for your support
Phone: 01494 562862
Mobile: 07807 776461
I am writing to you on behalf of Child Bereavement UK, a national charity based in Buckinghamshire which supports families and educates professionals when a child dies, is dying and when a child is bereaved. Every February we hold Snowdrop Walks across the UK, which are a special day to remember the babies and children who have died and the children who are bereaved each year and guests are invited to plant a snowdrop in memory of a loved one.
If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact Lizee on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01494 569049
Details of the event are below:
Sunday 10th of February in West Wycombe Park, Buckinghamshire HP14 3AJ.