This page is designed to provide immediate look up advice on the best course of action in the event of flooding. If it is flooding that affects properties, then we consider it imperative that each homeowner contacts the relevant authority and raise a case for support to ensure appropriate help is focussed on each individual property having difficulties. The DIG will maintain contact with the Agencies to press for proper responses and to follow through on wider issues. 

Members of the DIG have a range of personal experience with dealing with surface and sewage flooding, to the extent of a number of members keep pumps on standby for future possible use. If you are having difficulties, we suggest you make contact with a committee member who will be glad to help with any advice. It will also be helpful for us to be made aware of any local flooding problem occurring to ensure coordinated action.

Assistance from Agencies

Risk of Flooding

Check Environment Agency maps at

Register for groundwater alerts by calling Environment Agency Floodline on 0345 988 1188

Groundwater Flooding Updates

Call the Environment Agency Floodline and enter the quickdial number 171906 for Radnage and Hughenden Valley

Foul Sewer Flooding

For domestic issues or local blockages and/or leaks report the problem via this link

In the event of widespread flooding call the Thames Water 24 hour Customer Helpline on 0800 316 9800 and quote reference BB973780. This reference is specific to Hughenden Valley and its known issues; it helps Thames Water alert Field Operations Specialists and Network Engineers to our problems.

Pumping of Sewage

A limited number of residents have access to the Hughenden Stream and are able to pump sewage water directly into the stream in an emergency. This is not an approved practice, but if residents pump into the stream inform the following:

Bucks CC at or ring on 01296 395000

Environment Agency Hotline on 0800 80 70 60

Note that under no circumstances should residents consider pumping into the road.

Sewage and/or Floodwater in Road

In the event of sewage and/or floodwater in the road, inform the following:

Call Thames Water Customer Helpline as above

Call Transport for Bucks on 01296 382416 (9am – 5.30pm) or 01296 486630 (for out of hours emergency)

Call Wycombe District Council on 01494 461000 if there is sewage or toilets are not operating and this could prove to be a public health risk

Surface Water Flooding

To report a road flooding issue or simply to report a blocked road drain, you need to use the Bucks CC  ‘Fix My Street’ website. It is a fairly straightforward process to report a problem, although does not provide a large amount of space for a detailed description. The process starts with identifying the postcode or address, and then pinpoint the spot on the map. Complete the report with a description of the problem. From there on Bucks CC should examine the issue and advise status.