According to Jerry Marshall, the chairman of AGAHST (Action Groups Against High Speed Two) this is make or break time in the fight against the HS2 project. Now that Justine Greening has replaced Philip Hammond at the Ministry of Transport a new push is under way to encourage opponents of the scheme to email their MP and the new minister. To encourage the process a new web site www.highspeedrail.org.uk has been developed to make the process much simpler.
To spread the word, opponents are being encouraged to:
1. Phone a friend or relation away from the family.
2. Ask if they are by a computer with Internet access.
3. Be sure to wait while they power up the computer. Use the time to remind them how the Government plan to squander £ billions of their money on a completely unnecessary project that only helps a few people when instead they should be investing in transport infrastructure in your friend’s area.
4. Tell them to go to www.highspeedrail.org.uk
5. Suggest they click either ‘click here is see the impact of HS2 on your city’ on the left hand side then ’email your MP’; or just click ’email your MP’ on the right hand side. They can also email the minister.
6 Stay on the line to help them if necessary until an email is sent!