The aims and objectives of the group are:
This is the home page of the Hughenden Valley Residents Association’s Drainage Improvement Group – HVRA DIG or simply the DIG. The group was set up as an independent body following the sewage flooding events of 2014 in the village. It evolved from David Liddington’s support and suggestion for a meeting between affected homeowners and the relevant authorities to try and resolve the problems.
- Establish the causes of the sewer, groundwater and surfacewater flooding in the Hughenden area
- Identify the range of solutions which could address it
- Achieve the implementation of the measure or measures which will reduce the risk of future flooding, in terms of incidence and seriousness, to the greatest extent reasonably possible.
- Ensure responsible groundwater/surfacewater management and planning in the Hughenden area
- Help where possible to conserve and promote the Hughenden Stream and ensure that any actions from the above objectives are consistent with this
The group considers that the village’s flooding issues are well known and are both fully manageable and controllable; this means that we do not face the same issues as other areas where risk of flooding is from high river levels.
The DIG seeks to work closely and maintain strong relationships with Parish and Bucks Council and Agency bodies looking after the road drainage, sewage system and the stream.
In 2021 the DIG integrated with the Hughenden Valley Residents Association.
Membership & Structure
Membership of the Group is open to residents in the Hughenden Valley area and to those in organisations with an interest in or responsibilities for the Hughenden Valley area. If you are interested in joining the group, please contact Sarah Mustapha. The DIG’s current committee members are listed below
|Chair||Peter Cannon||01494 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deputy Chair||Matt Hopkins||01494 email@example.com|
|Secretary||Sarah Mustapha||01494 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer & Web Admin||Paul Woodford||01494 email@example.com|
|Deputy Secretary||Debs Lemon||01494 firstname.lastname@example.org|